* Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This is an unclassified position directing the department of Social Services for the Psychiatric Services Program (PSP). The Social Worker in this position will supervise the Social Workers and Social Work students on PSP, work alongside the Clinical Director to implement processes and procedures that are consistent with Larned State Hospital, The Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory agencies. The individual in this position will also serve as a resource and provide communication to mental health centers regarding discharge planning. This position also includes attendance and participation in leadership committees and meetings.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Documents/updates written statements of philosophy, mission, standards of care, practice and performance with related desired outcomes, consistent with standards of profession and mission of LSH programs.
- Documents/updates the quality improvement program to achieve continuing improvement and delivery of professional services.
- Documents/updates professional policies and procedures and implements a plan to accomplish professional goals.
- Ensures the department participates and collaborates in LSH management and community and state mental health programs.
- Services on various groups or committees such as: Clinical Executive Committee, Utilization Review, Ethics Committee, and LSH Leadership.
- Assists in supporting staff through active availability and contact with supervisees and other team members.
- Designs and implements a system of supervision so that performance of all department social workers are evaluated according to the Employee Performance Evaluation procedures of KDADS.
- Maintains awareness of current policy and procedures to aid in oversight and providing direction to staff.
- Ensures profession, high quality, and quantitatively adequate services are being provided.
- Initiates and carries out feedback, counseling memos, and/or disciplinary actions that may be related to problems with fulfilling position expectations.
- Maintains all professional materials and guidelines to ensure fair and equitable treatment which is consistent with standards and hospital program needs.
- Conducts Social Services Department meetings.
- Recruits and hires Social Services staff to meet staffing requirements.
- Coordinates with Social Workers to discuss difficult cases, providing clear leadership within purview.
Coordinates Delivery of Social Services for Psychiatric Services Program
- Provides for coverage of individual units when need arises.
- Works cooperatively in multi-disciplinary team meetings to assess patient’s treatment progress and identify ongoing treatment needs.
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of standard Social Services tasks including: Biopsychosocial assessments, discharge planning, safety and wellness plan, and patient education.
- Serves as liaison for the Social Services Department with executive committees within the hospital.
Licensing & Certification:
- Licensed Master’s Level Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) in the state of Kansas
- Licensed Master’s Level Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) in the state of Kansas.
- Must have two years of experiencing practicing social services.
- Two years of experience managing a department and/or supervising. Prior work experience in social work and leadership ability.
Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements:
- Ability to pass a KBI background and pre-employment drug test.
Recruiter Contact Information
- Name: Mitchell Smith
- Email: mitchell.smith [at] ks.gov
- Phone: 620.285.4383
- Mailing Address: 1301 KS Hwy 264, Larned, KS 67550